Application Procedure for 2012
Application deadline is 20th April, 2012. Applications can be accepted after this date, depending on availability.
Registration Fees: $100 for Ugandans and $150 for non-Ugandans.
Late registration: $250
Please note: It is recommended to apply by 20th April, 2012 to enable the selection criteria to proceed. Successful applicants wil be notified by 1st May, 2012.
Applicants should complete the LATINA form and send it with supporting documents by e-mail to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Makerere University Library
Applicants using regular mail, are advised to send their applications well ahead of the application deadline to avoid postal delays.
Take note of the following in regards to course registration:
Applicants enrolling by e-mail or mail, will be sent an e-mail confirming registration within a few days.
List of documents:
- transcripts from previous University education in English (stamped and signed)
- statement of motivation in English (300 words)
- copy of your valid passport page (showing your personal information)
- recommendation by the Library Director/Equivalent
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR LATINA 2012: MINIMUM QUALIFICATION
Successful applicants must have the following:
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS), Masters in LIS added advantage.
- Be a resident of the East-African Community (Kenya, Rwanda, Southern Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda)
- Proficient in English
- Computer literate
- Employed for at least 3 years by a University or tertiary institution in the East African Community, and will return to the institution after training to apply the knowledge and skills gained
- Recommended by the Library Director who will ensure that the LATINA graduate is given the necessary support to apply the knowledge and skills gained
- Young to middle level librarians/Information professionals aged 25-45 years
- Motivational statement in English not more than 300 words